STS ASIA, CHINA – At CES Asia, Huawei has announced that some of its Android handsets would receive a performance-improvement update, particularly in terms of the phone’s graphics processing unit (GPU).
According to Huawei, the GPU Turbo update would increase the phone’s GPU power by up to 60% but will reduce power consumption by up to 30%.
Aside from the GPU Turbo update, Huawei also announced that the Mate 10 series will receive support for cloud computing this June 26, and an update to its EMUI (version 8.1) which will bring 960fps slow-motion video recording by mid-July.
The update will be rolled out over the next few months starting this month on these devices:
- June – Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, Honor V10
- July – Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, Porsche Design Huawei Mate RS, Huawei Nova 2s, Huawei MediaPad M5, Honor 10
- August – Huawei Nova 3e/Huawei P20 Lite, Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus, Huawei Enjoy 7S, Huawei Nova 2i, Honor 9 Lite, Honor Play 7X
- September – Huawei Mate 9 and Mate 9 Pro
- October – Huawei P10 and P10 Plus, Honor 9, Honor V9
- November – Other devices